Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trying Something New

I have become a bit of a blogger of late. I'm still trying to figure things out, so if anyone has any tips please help me out!! 

I recently reacquainted with Evelyn whom I worked with over 10 years ago, and she has her own blog that's absolutely entertaining to read.  She has a thing called Three for Thursday that she has invited fellow bloggers to join in on and I've decided to participate.

So here is my Three for Thursday:

Three home improvement projects
1. Leveling out the dirt in the backyard and building a wraparound deck.
2. Tearing out the absolutely ugly tiling on the island in the kitchen.
3. Putting in another sink into our master bath.

Three favorite songs
1.  1,2,3,4  by the Plain White T's (our song)
2.  Fancy by Reba Mcentire
3.  Candyman by Christina Aguilera (it's the best song to run to)

Three dreadful things I’m really not looking forward to in the near future
1.  Spending two weeks away from my son for military training, being only a 15 minute drive away
2.  Getting Weighed and taped for the military and not passing
3.  My PT test on June 2nd.

Three most surprising things about giving birth for the first time
1.  My Dad cried more than anyone, because he didn't like to see his little girl in pain
2.  That you no longer care about your dignity when you are in pain
3.  No one tells you how hard it is to not move after a C-section, especially when your son is in the NICU

Three easy recipes
1.  Hamburger Helper
2.  Spaghetti
3.  Mommy Soup

Three really totally awesome things I did today that make me a Super Mom/Super Woman
1.  Knew why Cole was crying when no one else did
2.  and 3.  What can I say, he is only 7 months old and my parents live with me so he has many hands to take care of him.

Three things I never leave home without
1.  What my husband call my locker, it's my purse that I have some of the most random things in.
2.  My cell phone
3.  My military ID

Three favorite movies pre-1970
1.  Singing in the Rain
2.  White Christmas
3.  The Birds

Three best skills
1.  Organization
2.  Multi-tasker
3.  My ability for putting up with bullshit (this ones from my husband)
4.  I know, I know I said three, but my husband insisted on my documenting my mad Baking skills!

Three awkward happenings on the honeymoon
1.  Being pregnant already (whoops)
2.  Being only 3 months pregnant and still experiencing day long morning sickness and certain motions were not very welcome
3.  Sitting in the jetted tub and realizing not all the bubble were from the jets

Three Pictures
I love making collages of pictures for my desktop backgrounds and this is the one I created for Dan and I.

Our first Home Sweet Home

My favorite pre-birth picture of my son. I still to this day love his little toes so much, and I have a huge aversion to feet.


There you go, my first Three for Thursday. Wonder if this will be a weekly occurrence? Maybe.
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get over here, but I've been dying to read your answers. So many things to comment on...

LOVE the toes picture! I've never seen one like that. Freaking adorable!

Cute house! Is that where you live now?

You husband looks familiar? He's not from Poky is he?

Sounds like your birth experience was really scary! Have you already written about that? I am curious to hear what happened. Nosy much? :)

It makes me get a little emotional thinking about your dad being all emotional while you're in labor.

Thanks for doing this! Great answers!!

Missy0327 said...

Yes, it's the house I'm at now! Moved in Decemberish.

Hubby is from Oregon/Boise.

Birth experience was a bit scary, and I think I might blog about it. It would make for an interesting read. I just started the blogging thing in January. My Dad is a big teddy bear!!

I'm super excited to see my prizes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...