Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

With all the stuff going on in my life right now I find myself trying to remember all the good things I have in my life.  I have to stop myself occasionally and just breathe.

I'm having a lot of those moments today, as I try to figure out what direction financially we are heading into. Unfortunately we all make mistakes when we are younger and wind up having to pay for them as we get older. I'm not pointing any blame at anyone in particular, it's just a mess that happens and things need to get fixed.

I'm taking this opportunity to write down the things I should be thankful for, lest I forget it at any point.


For my health and the health of my family.
For the love of my family (including exteneded family and inlaws).
For the love of my friends.
For the fact I have a job that works well with my schedule and pays decent.
For a roof over my head.
For the food on my table.
For the transportation to places I need to be.
For my husband to have a job.
For the fact I don't live in a place that gets: hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes(atleast not right now), tsunamis, and much more.
For the fact my husband isn't a public figure fathering illegitimate kids.
For so much more that makes my life comforatable the way it is.

I had to throw in some funny ones in to keep my sanity. 

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. It's the difference between pissing everyone off at home or going home and just relaxing and playing with my son trying to forget about the stresses of life/work/finances.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...