Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Ode to my Hubby!!

In light of the fact that today is my husbands birthday, I wanted to post a blog all about him. I've wanted to do it for a couple of weeks ago, particularly pertaining to the fact I've been a crazy psycho bitch to him at times and how awesome he is!

For those of you who know my hubby, don't forget to wish him a Happy Birthday.  For those of you who don't know him, well you are totally missing out!! LOL!!

If he hadn't been born on this day 29 years ago, I wouldn't have my soul mate with me! :)  Thanks Mama Stowe and Papa Stowe!!  Thanks Mom Stowe for raising him so well!!

I met Dan 3 years ago at a friends party, that night I had already showered and gotten in my pajamas and decided I was just going to chill, and Toni said hell no come over! So I did, and Dan who happened to be a friend of Toni's since Jr High came over with one of his friends. I had a good buzz going and Dan and his buddy were pretty trashed.  I thought they were both cute, but I was drawn to Dan more because he was funny and as corny as it sounds had an awesome personality. I spend like an hour or two acting like a total girl with Toni and Justine, should I go talk to him?? He is soo cute!! What do I do? In the end I just acted like myself and we hit it off. I wound up taking his friend home, and Dan to my house. Yeah I know hussy right?? LOL!! Not even we talked for a lil bit and then fell asleep. Next day we went swimming, which is a shocker for me cuz I normally don't like being half naked for a man I just met but apparently I didn't care! We had an official first date of Idaho Pizza Company and a movie (Hancock). 2 weeks later he drunkenly professed his love for me, which I told him to sober up then tell me. Which he did, and it took me another week or so for me to realize I felt the same way.
And that's our story!!

I do have to say that Dan is the most amazing man I have ever known.  He makes me laugh on a daily basis, I can't think of a day in our last 3 years that we haven't laughed.  He works hard, VERY HARD and always wants to make things better.  He is smart, not book smart like me, but very mechanically inclined and he has so much other knowledge.  He puts up with all my idiosyncrasies, and I don't know how he does it sometimes.  We have the best relationship, that even when we fight, later on probably not even and hour or 2 most of the time we are laughing about something.  Even with my crazy mood swings lately he is still there for me by my side.  He tells me I'm beautiful at the most random times, he buys me flowers for no reason at all, he tells me constantly that he is proud to have a soldier as a wife, he is always telling me what a big heart I have because even if we are on our last dollar, I'll donate that dollar to some cause, he works his butt off for me and our son, he didn't even cringe when I asked him if he minded my parents moving in with us.  The man I am married to is the most kind, loving, goofy, funny, smart, caring, and truly wonderful man. I can't imagine my life without him.

To my Husband with all my heart!! I love you, and will love you for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Omg!! Im crying sis!! This was so sweet!! I cannot wait to meet you face to face although it seems Ive known you for years!! Im so happy for Dan cuz he found someone.so special..I look at pics of you guys and wish that I was there to share it..thank God for for technology!! I know that you and Dan belong!! Love you guys and give Cole hugs from Auntie!!!

Missy0327 said...

Awe!! Thanks!! I cannot wait to meet you too!!
I will give Cole hugs for you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...