Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This Fat Kid Needs to Kick it Into High Gear

Sunday was my day off!! Woohoo!! No workout, well cept a 1 mile walk with the Hubby and the puppy!!

Monday consisted of my Jillian 30-day Shred Workout DVD. You want to know what it is, just Google/youtube it because well you can do that for just about anything!! I also threw in 20 minutes of stationary biking, which I did while watching Sister Wives (got my Mom hooked too). How far I went or how fast I went is undetermined because the batteries died and I haven't gotten new ones. But all I know is that I went REALLY fast!

Today I had all intentions of going to Crossfit, because I decided 4 workouts would be better than 3, but alas, Cole had other ideas. So I hit the elliptical at the Gowen Gym for 30 minutes. It's my favorite thing to do, because I don't feel like I'm killing my joints, my heart and lungs maybe from exertion, but it's low impact cardio! I'll probably do a mile and a half walk tonight with the hubby and puppy, as we do on most nights.

I'm trying to not be down in the dumps about my whole STILL not losing weight thing, but it's hard not to. It's not like I'm just doing this just because, my military career depends on it. They are kicking people out for the minor little things right now, and I may not be happy with the military at the moment, but it's my livelihood, I love it, and I love what I have gotten out of it.  I NEED to pass the PT test and Ht/Wt, and I feel like all  my hard work isn't going anywhere. The funny thing will be, as it usually is, I will pass my PT test, but not HT/WT, which is norm. I just wish that there was some kind of leeway on that.

On a medical note, I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I have Hashimoto's Syndrome, which sounds way cooler than it is. The essence is that I have a Thyroid that is in overdrive, it's functioning VERY HIGH, which to most people should mean they should drop weight like crazy, for me that's not the case. So after I kick this workout bit up a notch or two AGAIN this week, and it doesn't get me anywhere I'm talking to my doctor. There has to be something else going on. I'm eating right, cutting out MOST of my carbs, and MOST of my sugar, and making sure I balance it all. If I eat any less calories, I won't be able to sustain the energy I need to function.

Fingers are crossed! Till tomorrow.

Oh, and I checked out the Crossfit workouts for the last couple of days and I think I'm kind of glad I skipped out.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Keep your head up girl it'll all pay off....your probably gaining alot of muscle caus eyour lookin great and the weight will start pouring off!

Missy0327 said...

I certainly hope so!! Thanks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...