Monday, April 18, 2011

Share To Much!?!

Well I have decided to start another blog, for many reasons: there are things in my life that aren't always relevant to weight loss, I have so much going on in my head it might help the craziness that is me slow down a bit, I follow lots of other friends blogs that make me want to talk about me!, pretty crazy and insane things have and will continue to happen in life, and I just like wasting time at work! So here it is, another crazy blog that people will say that Missy over shares on but, who cares!! If you don't want to read it DON'T!

Wow, so I would have to say the most interesting thing that has happened recently is that Dan ran his foot over with a Lawn Mower that HE was driving. It's really not as funny as it sounds, and it's a lot more complicated than just not paying attention. I'm not even quite sure of the whole details but essentially he was loading a lawn mower onto a truck for a customer (for those of you who don't know he sells industrial size mowers and many other landscaping stuff).  It was missing a piece that helps balance the mower and somehow when he hit the gas/brake the mower jerked throwing my husband off thus running over his to feet. My husband doesn't tie his shoes on very well and so his shoes came off, which actually saved him because he was able to pull himself from under the mower so it only ran his legs over, and not knocking him onto the concrete floor causing a bigger injury.  So he severely sprain his left foot, and his right foot and leg look worse with the bruising and cuts and such. It sucked and the poor man is in pain, but I still giggle at him sometimes and call him hobbles or cripple, just to poke fun at him. You have to have fun in life no matter what!

We just had drill this weekend, and I must say that I finally figured out why I dread going to drill now. The lack of motivation in soldiers is just depressing. I have tried to instill motivation and try to be motivated myself (not always) and it just doesn't work. I finally figured out the reason why I hate it so much is because the rest of our unit is overseas busting their butts and being away from their families, and I feel like the lack of wanting to do anything is disrespectful to them. It's ridiculous, and I know that there are individuals on deployment that think we are worthless having been left behind for one reason or another, but there are a bunch of us busting our asses to make sure the transition back home come fall is easy for them.
Everyone has their own feelings and they are entitled. And I know some of the lackadaisical feelings is the kind of training these baby soldiers are getting, such a drastic change from 11 years ago...and not to mention 20+ years or more. It's ridiculous. They apparently have stress cards so if the soldier is feeling stressed they can pull a card out and basically tell the drill sergeants to leave them alone. Which is hilarious, because you certainly can't do that in war. Here Mr Iraqi man shooting at me, I'm feeling stressed and I need a time out. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I'll step off my soapbox for now....

So with all that going on, school, work, my brother's problem (not going to broadcast specifics...that's his deal) and a few other things I seem to have weekly breakdowns. Like last night, my family just seemed to be in a  mopey mood and after spending a weekend with the unmotivated baby soldiers I just lost it. I screamed at everyone and ran upstairs to my room like a toddler. Realized I didn't want to be bothered, so I figured no one would bother me if I went into Cole's room, so I grabbed his pillow pet and a blanket and layed down on the floor next to his crib where he was sleeping. Let the seahorse lullabies and my tears lull me to sleep. My Mom came in later and comforted me, because lets face it I act like a kid sometimes...wonder if I'll ever grow up. ;p  Still a bit stressed, but I think I get the occasional blues...call them postpartum or whatever, but I keep having problems!

Well that's all for now. Til next time!

9 comments:

MichaelaBiggins said...

oh Missy!! EVERYONE feels like that from time to time, and when you have to deal with whiny soldiers its a miracle you don't kill them the first 5 min of drill!! :) I love you and you are doing AMAZING!! and i love your family even though i though you could only run yourself over with the lawnmower you were driving in the movies so touche' Dan!! kudos!

Missy0327 said...

LOL!! Yeah, there are a few I'd like to pitch of a cliff.
Dan isn't the only one! My older brother a couple of years ago drove over his foot with a fork-lift HE was driving. Apparently it's my family!?!

MichaelaBiggins said...

People who care about you maybe?hmm?? um its been nice knowing ya ;) lol

Missy0327 said...

Oh sad. :(
LOL!! It's better than the new private we got at drill, she apparently got ran over by a truck during AIT in January, and then when she did her PT test in February, she wound up with appendicitis! And she maxed that PT test. Well maybe she has luck on her side!

MichaelaBiggins said...

huh... that is some bad luck! lol Speaking of C Med. You will be getting a new private this fall/ winter time that will be like having me back!! :) my mom is coming... no joke :)lol

Missy0327 said...

Your Mom?? Really?? WTF??

MichaelaBiggins said...

yes really.. lol She enlisted 3 weeks ago. She is gonna be a medic. She wants the physical therapy slot. I think they put it in her contract

Missy0327 said...

CRAZY!

MichaelaLewis said...

i know!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...