Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Why I am Awesome Link up and Minor Blow-up

Another link-up in hopes of someone noticing me!


This time with a blogger I have been silently stalking for about 4 months, fatchick2fitchick. She is super amazing and has lost almost 100 lbs in 9 months!! She is hilarious, as is her husband.

I debated on this post, because I hate bragging about myself, and I can't always find the good in myself (insert comment of why I'm not awesome..)

I rule because I somehow manage to keep it mostly together being a working Mom/Wife/Soldier/Student.

I rule because I have been part of the Army for almost 15 years now, served a tour overseas, and still plan on doing it for another 5-10 more years. I love my country and this is what I do to show it.

I rule because I'm a lover and not a fighter, I give and give, no matter how many times people try to knock me down.  I get right back up and show them I have what it takes.

I think I'm awesome that no matter how many bumps in the road I've had in obtaining my Bachelor's degree that I'm still fighting and will finish. This is amazing to me because by the time I am done with my degree I will have been enrolled in college for 11 years. I know this sounds like a lot, but throw in deployment overseas, military training, baby, marriage, and having to help my parents out, it hasn't been consecutive.

I am awesome because I survived growing up with 4 brothers no sisters, and somehow according to them, wound up stronger than them.

I am awesome in the fact that I don't murder anybody at work....
      Which leads me to my minor blow-up part of the post.....

My job as a Health Service NCO (military speak for Health Service office bitch) is to help soldiers who get hurt on duty obtain medical care.  I also make sure that the doctor's are doing what they are supposed to and making sure that bills get paid.

That being said, I work with the biggest group of children. It annoys me that I give simple instructions like: "Don't go to a doctor visit without me letting you know it's approved first."

Simple enough to understand right???

NO!!!

Aaaack!!! I don't know how hard it is to understand that certain steps have to be followed to make sure that: a) they get the care they need so they can go back to duty and being a soldier and b) get the bills paid so that they don't have to pay a dime.

For me that would be simple. I don't want to pay out the ass for ridiculous medical costs, so I'm going to make sure that I follow the rules. I would be one of those who call incessantly (I have those people too).

Alas, I'm here for another year until I finish my degree, and hopefully the Coroner's office will hire me and then I will be responsible for dead people, who thankfully don't complain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...