Friday, March 15, 2013

My Irishman

The St Patty's day race is tomorrow!  I'm super stoked and a little emotional about it.

This was the first race I ever ran (EVER!).  I was reading about last years accomplishment and it made me smile.  I said I had wanted to run more races and with somebody to make it more fun. 

This year I get to run this race with my hubby!!  It's fitting that this race is also his first.  Plus he is Irish, so it's fitting in that aspect also.

I never thought in a million years that he would actually run with me!  He always said he could never be a runner, that it just wouldn't be for him.  Sometime last year through the half a dozen races I did he said he he really wanted to, though I secretly doubted he really would. I promised him that if he did, that he would have to start out slow and work his way up.

And he has! We did not complete the whole Couch to 5K program, just 6 weeks, but he feels that he is ready.  We are also planning on finishing it AFTER the 5K this weekend.  He wants to keep doing this consistently, so I hope he does.

Maybe I can get him convinced to do the Half Marathon......

Stay tuned for the results next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...