Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Social Media is the Devil



I'm a self proclaimed Facebook addict, I probably check it every 2-3 hours consistently unless it's on the weekends or I'm really busy.  Yes I'm even guilty of facebooking from the toilet.

At the same time I love Facebook, I hate it because I get tired of people using things I say against me. I understand if I don't want it used against me then why do I say it?  I don't even know sometimes, but there is sometimes ok always times that I just have stuff floating around in my head and I feel like getting it out.  I do censor the stuff 90% of the time.  Some of the things I think of in my head are just not kosher.

Perfect example of those head on the desk in shame moments, sort of.  Last night I was in bed, and I just got an overwhelming feeling of complete despair about not seeing my son. I had realized that today was only day 5 and I had at least 9-10 days more to go.  I started bawling like a big baby. I MISS MY SON!  Rightfully so!!  This is the longest I have been away from him and it's very hard.  So I post it on facebook.

Unfortunately that post and several other my fellow soldiers here at Annual Training have expressed their frustration with Annual Training, has apparently started a riot overseas where the rest of our fellow soldiers are serving a tour in Iraq.

I can understand the frustration of those guys, they are away from their families for 1 year+, and it's not necessarily a hard deployment (pool parties, frequent concerts, frequent BBQ's....etc), but it sucks none-the-less to be away from the comforts of home for more than a year.

How do I know that you ask?

Been there, done that, got the god damn t-shirt, bad dreams, bad shoulder/back.

Deployment sucks, its seriously no picnic in the park.

I'm damn proud of my friends for being over there, and there are times I wish I was there, but I know it's a lame ass deployment compared to the last time.

But it's also a lame freaking Ass Annual Training.  I know I signed up for this 11+ years ago, AT can be good/bad.  Unfortunately, we are not out in the field, which I think would make things easier, than sitting on base in the barracks, where I'm seriously 15 minutes away. Garrison Annual Trainings are BORING.

I am a new Mom, away from my son longer than I have ever been, and I have every GOSH DARN right to miss him, regardless of how long it is.

To my friends in Iraq I'm not trying to diss on the deployment, you guys are doing a kick-ass job, and it sucks being there. You will be home soon, and welcomed with giant big open arms.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...