Monday, January 30, 2012

Military Career at Stake

I didn't weigh myself today, I didn't want a blatant reminder that I haven't worked out since last Monday.

I seriously messed up my back last Tuesday, and I found it hard to even pick up my son, or even bend over to pick up his toys.  It's better, but not great, so I'm just going to get back into the workout thing and pray that it doesn't act up to bad. 

I got a gentle reminder that my year of leeway in not passing weight is approaching in June.  For those of you who don't know, to be in the military you have to meet certain physical fitness standards.  I can pass my Physical Fitness test, twice actually.  I just can't seem to meet the military weight standards.  For my height the military says I should weigh 166 lbs.  I have NEVER met the weight standards, but seeing how not all of us have Barbie Doll figures they have a body taping system that makes up for that.

Right now I don't meet the taping standards, I have about 20 lbs or so to lose, and about 2-3% body fat to lose in order to make it.  If I don't meet the standards I will be processed for a discharge out of the military.

It's very disheartening to know that, come April I will have been in for 13 years, and to get kicked out would be devastating. Loss of benefits, loss of a job, and loss of respect for myself.

You may be asking, well why the heck aren't you trying harder??  I don't know. I feel like I'm giving it 95%, which isn't good enough, but at least I'm trying.

It's very hard for me to live with this hanging over my head.  It makes me feel like the NCO that shouldn't get any respect.  It's ridiculous.

My goals this week are to get back into working out and increasing my time to 45 minutes of cardio/strength at least 5 days a week.  I plan on increasing my run distance to 3 miles come Wednesday the 1st of February.  I also am planning on watching my dinner time intake, because that is my weakness.  I'm usually starving by then so I eat to much and blow the hard work from the entire day.

Wish me luck. I need to kick this plateau in the Arse!!

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

That's a ton of pressure. As if being a mom wife and student wasn't hard enough. June is a long ways away. You got this. You are one of the most stubborn people I know. You can do it. I know you said you hate counting calories but that has totally helped me this month. I don't think I would be nearly as successful without it. You might try it. Myfitnesspal.com. It's nice having friends on there too to encourage and cheer you on. Let me know if you do it. I'm eveperks on there. And by the way, we all know you aren't a slacker. You're awesome. Own it.

Email: said...

You're doing great!! I am finally getting the hang of weightwatchers and I love the flexibility it gives me. It's spendy but it works. I too want to lose 20 lbs by summer time. Here are some websites you can use to get healthy dinner recipes. There is skinnytaste.com laaloosh.com and i think there is one called skinnykitchen and eating yourself skinny. You also said you get really hungry by dinner time?? Recently I buy low fat sour cream and stir in a pack of ranch. It makes the best dip that is reallly good for you, and you can eat as much as you want with carrots, broccoli, and snap peas. Try eating a healthy snack maybe an hour before dinner so you eat smaller portions then. Good luck!! I've been working out more, so text me if you want to hit the gym or need some motivation. You can do it!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...