Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scale Junky

Scale junky [skeyl juhng-kee] noun
1.  One that weighs self on a daily basis, hoping miracles of all miracles happen and 20 lbs dropped from the day before.

I Melissa Sue Spencer, am a Scale Junky. 

Ok maybe a reformed scale junky.  Last year I would weigh myself on daily basis until I made the hubby hide the scale. Now, I just weigh myself on days that I either feel fat or unusually skinny. Should be everyday on the fat side, but some days I don't care.

Sunday I was feeling unusually fat, so I weighed before I went to drill, and it read 219.0! Really after busting my ass all week I gained three pounds. WTF!!!  This morning I weighed myself again, hoping to feel better about myself and it read 216.8. 

So I lost nothing last week, but it's probably because I still am not eating TOTALLY right.  I'm still having problems resisting an Oreo cookie here and there or other things that still linger in the house.  I'm working it, truly, I just love to eat like a fat kid.

I did make my goal of 5 days a week working out, and I will continue to do so.

I am still working on the eating slower, I did pretty good last week, but there were a couple of times either because I was really hungry or really liked what I was eating that I wolfed it down.  I eat way to fast sometimes.

This weeks goals are:
1.  To not let more than 1 day lapse between workouts. I know that I need to take time off, but I once read somewhere that you should only have one day of rest, and no more.  I pretty much did that last week, but I need to continue with it.
2.  I really only did cardio last week because it's easiest and more convenient for me to do, I hate strength training.  My goal is to throw in the strength training.

Here is to week two of 2012.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...