Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Wowzer!! October...it's been awhile since I've been on here. Whoops!!

I've been inspired by Evelyn to restart talking about my weight loss progress.

Lets just say I didn't fall off the workout wagon.  I continued (until three weeks ago) workout out 4-5 days a week, but I wasn't so vigilant on my eating. 

What's my weight now?  216.4 as of yesterday morning, so that's only about a 4 lb weight gain. 

My official tally for last year was 23 lbs lost.  It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I realized that I lost it and kept it off and that's the most important part. 

I took a workout sabbatical after school got out, it was only supposed to be only two weeks, but the stomach bug hit our house HARD last week so it was difficult to find time or energy to workout.

I have a new plan this year, not as a resolution but to just get healthier and make weight so I don't kicked out of the military.  To kick start it this year I'm going to make 2 small changes a week, instead of just straight changing all the bad habits I've rediscovered over the last couple of months.  Small goals that I can incorporate and hopefully make them last.

This weeks goals are to go back to working out at least 5 days a week at a minimum of 30 minutes, and eat slower to allow myself to feel full.
Yesterdays running was awesome, the weather wasn't to cold so it was enjoyable.  I ran/walked for about 40 minutes.  I think I did ok with eating slower, even left food on my plate!!

My goals for the year are:
1) Make my military weight by my 30th birthday. (February 13th, 2012).
2) Finally make it under the 200 lb mark by my 2nd Wedding Anniversary. (March 27th, 2012).
3) Toss around the idea of running at least a 5K this year. (any takers to do this with me?)
4) Score higher than 210 on my PT test this year.
5) Be at a comfortable weight by Cole's 2nd Birthday, whatever that may be. (October 21st, 2010).

They are not lofty goals, just attainable. We will see how it goes. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I can say ditto to what you said on mine. You can do it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...