Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Seventeen and a Half Mile and Counting

I have discovered a new love like for running.  I have logged 17.5 miles in since the 1st of the year and I feel like I have accomplished something.  My plan is to stick to 2.5 miles for January and increase it by half a mile every month.  I haven't had to much of my usual shin splint pain, except this morning. It worries me a bit, but I will keep on trucking and hopefully it doesn't get worse.

I got up at 430 this morning to run in my neighborhood, much to my husbands disappointment.  It was hard to get my body moving this morning, and it was colder without the sunshine.  But it's nice that I have my workout, minus the strength workout, done for the day.  My husband doesn't like that I run in the dark, but I had my reflective belt and didn't have both ear buds in, just in case.  Poor guy worries about me to much, but I love that he does.

I again did not lose any weight, but I'm maintaining the 216 lbs, so I guess I should be happy I'm not gaining weight.  I know that it's my eating, and that is the hardest thing for me sometimes.  This weeks goals are to lessen the amount of processed sugar, and to not eat after 7, except for a dessert nights once a week.

I'm just going to keep on keeping on and try my hardest to not give up.  My military career depends on it.

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Holy cow!! I like to run too but at 430?! And in the dark and cold?! You are amazing! That's got to be 3/4 of the battle right there. Way to go!!

Missy0327 said...

We will see how long that lasts. School starts today and I have to fit the workout in sometime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...