Monday, February 20, 2012

Self Loathing

Do you want to know what can ruin the great euphoric accomplished feeling after a workout?

Looking at oneself in the mirror sans clothes.

I went from feeling this big to very small.

Grrrrr!!! Sometimes I really hate what I see in the mirror. I know that this is all my own doing, because I love food and not so much the working out.

Not to sound conceited but I feel that I am a fairly decent looking woman. I have been blessed on my Dad's side of the mediteranean complexion, and dark hair and eyes. I have decent curves that probably took 25+ years for me to accept.  I'm a bit above average height, and I am not morbidly obese.

But I have a fluffy middle, tree trunks for thighs, and fat lady arms that I can't disguise often enough. Blech....

I used to loathe my stretch marks, but I recently read this:

Pinned Image

I hate my body sometimes and other times I'm ok.  People who are super skinny never understand the battle us plus size women go through. I had a friend who used to think she had big hips, except she was built like a beapole. I on the other hand will never understand not having curves, but it's a two sided street I guess.

I have to stop looking at myself in the mirror after a workout, ruins my high way to easily.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...