Friday, February 15, 2013

I've Created a Monster

It seems to me that my husband is really getting into this running thing. A bit to much at times though!  I believe I've created a running monster!

Example:  He tells me the pace we ran when we do our runs according to his C25K app.  The first couple of times it was 9:26, for which he tells me "We can do 8 minute miles babe!"  I laughed.
This morning our pace was 8:16, he proceeds to tell me "We can work our way to a 7 minute mile, Right?"  Again I laughed and told him he was crazy.  I remind him that we are doing this for distance and he isn't going to want to run that fast for 3+ miles, or if he does he is going to leave me in the dust.

Another example, is we ran an extra 3 minutes because the app said we were done but he had some more energy to burn.  This one I was good with because it shows that he is really appreciating it.

He does tell me that he has better days when he runs in the morning, which puts a big smile on my face because now he knows how I've felt for the last year.

I'm still waiting to see what he is saying after the 10K he is signed up for in August.

In other news that I forgot to write about: I dropped a body fat percentage according to Army Standards!! Which doesn't get me where I need to be, but it gets me closer, and it shows improvement.

I had a long talk with my Platoon Leader about my eating and I said my biggest downfall right now is my family. We keep the bad stuff in the house, no matter how much I try to purge it, so my willpower isn't the greatest, cue in two tests this week = fatty fatty boombalatty. I need to overpower that, and most times I do, except when I'm stressed, and when you have the kind of crazy life I do, is a lot.

On a not so whiny note, the hubby is taking me out for my birthday/V-day date tonight!! It's a surprise and I totally cannot wait!

Happy Friday all!! Hope your weekend will be as fabulous as I know mine will!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...