Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Military Ridiculousness

Weigh-in tomorrow. A little nervous.

This first phase is starting to be easy, which is why I'm glad this program ups the workouts every two weeks.  This means next week I kick it up a notch.  More so than this week where I'm adding in an extra 30-45 minutes a day for three days. 

I'm anxious for it to warm up.  Dumped 6 inches of snow yesterday in Idaho.  Which means a week or two before the snow disappears enough for me to run.

In other news:  the military has ridiculous standards.

I've said it before and I'll say it time and time again  until I'm done with the military or they are done with me.

The military requires you to weigh a certain amount, for my height 68" and my age almost 31, I need to weight 166. Really? I would look like a horrid, stick figure.  If you don't meet the weight requirement, then they do a Body Fat Percentage based on certain measurements.  For women they measure neck (I have ridiculous small neck), the waist at the smallest point, and the hips at the most prominent part.

Hello!!!  I have classic hourglass figure (looks better when I'm in shape).  So the measurements SUCK big time.

My theory is that if you can pass your PT test, with a certain score (say 200/300) and no injuries the weight shouldn't be a big deal. I rocked my PT test in October.

All complaints aside, I know I need to lose more weight, but for goodness sake it puts an incredible amount of stress on me. Sometimes I wonder.

See you tomorrow for weight update!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...