Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yep...I chose Crossfit!

So now that I have had my official first workout, I'm excited.
I went and talked to Rick who runs the Crossfit Gym here in Meridian, and we talked for 30 minutes about my goals and such, and he is going to help me obtain those goals. He then did a little fitness test, rowing machine for about 500 m, and then a mini crossfit round. I did PU/SU/Squats 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, so started out with one of each and so on. It was pretty cool to realize at the end I did 55 of everything. So I did girly push-ups only cuz my shoulder hurts and I'm still pushing up A LOT of weight.
Then I did the 515 A.M. session this morning. Eeek.....he introduces me and I do that ...head the the ground give a lil wave shy Hello, cuz well I hate meeting new people..bit socially awkward! Then he says to work on the warm-up: 10 PU, 10 SU, 10 Double Jumps, 10 Inchworms, 10 burpies, 10 Squats....2 rounds of that. I'm thinking to myself...that's a workout for me, you mean to tell me there is more?? WTH have I gotten myself into. Then we do 3-3-3-3-3 Dead lifts adding weight each time to reach 100-155 on the bar. Well he tells me to stop at 50 and I say, PSHaw!! I'm going for 75!!! He is like ok...don't kill yourself.  So then we get into the workout   AMRAP(as many rounds as possible) in 15 minutes:
9 - Dead lifts, 155/100#
12 - Push Ups- hand release
15 - Box Jumps, 24/20#
  http://crossfitmeridian.net/workouts.php?c=CrossFit
Wholy Crappola!! He said stop at 5 rounds...which I did in just over 12 minutes. I also cheated on the box jumps, because apparently I'm a little bit of a fraidy cat, and so I did rapid step-ups instead of jumps. Still kicked my butt. I'm a little bit sore, definitely energetic and well we will see how I feel tomorrow. LOL.....
I'm excited to do this three times a week and see if I can make my body change. I plan on posting a pic and some measurements this weekend regardless!!
To be continued....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...