Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Fat To Run???

Well I officially started running, well actually jog/walking, today!!!  I wanted to be under 220 when I started running because I don't want to mess up my knees and/or shins more than they already are. My joints don't like me at this weight. I decided after running that 1.5 miles a few weeks ago with Miss Katie that it wasn't so bad. So I jog/walked 2.5 miles in ~30 minutes, which for not running in over a year and a half isn't completely horrible.  I have to pass a PT test in ~3 months, I'm not trying to aim for my 2 mile time for my age group (20:30) but instead I want to be able to RUN 3.5 miles in 30 minutes by that time. So that running 2 miles will be cake!! 
Running wasn't so horrible, but we will see how my body feels tomorrow! ;p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about swimming and/or water aerobics? It might help your shins and knees since it is low-impact. I think you might have done that at BSU a few years ago. Did it work?

Missy0327 said...

Don't have access to those without it costing extra money, and time that I don't have. I need to run in order to pass a PT test.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...