Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whiny Alert!

Just a warning, this post is about to be EXTREMELY whiny. Turn back now if you don't care, or don't want to hear it.

I have not worked out since Friday, it's Wednesday.  In my defense I have been sick, and I'm not one of those people who can workout while they are sick. I have still done the nightly 20-30 minute walk with my hubby and the dog.  Unfortunately, that makes me all sweaty, hot, and winded.

Really? The girl who ran a 5K recently and can run 4 miles??  I hate being sick, I lose all motivation for anything.

Another thing, I haven't gone to class at all this week. Last week was Spring Break, and I think I rather enjoyed that schedule of getting up, working out, working, and then going home.

Want to know what my schedule is like on a typical day???...
Get up at 0445, decide if I want to work out now or later, shower, go to work, change for school, go to school, hit the gym if didn't hit it in the morning, go back to work to shower, then work, then make it home ~515. Have dinner, go for walk, play with my son, put him to bed, watch a show with the hubby, go to bed.
Repeat.   Some times I leave work early and go run.

I hate running back and forth from school to work and back again....I just want to work out, work and be home.

The worst part about this is I'm coming up on 13 years in the military on Friday, and it's also hanging over my head if I don't lose this last 2% of body fat, they are going to boot me out. 

Part of me doesn't give a darn tootin anymore. I consider myself pretty fit, I can climb 3 or 4 flights of stairs without being winded. I can run 4 miles and not feel like I was hit by a bus. I can pass my Army fitness test. But noooooo...they tell me for my height I must be 166 lbs. Really??? I haven't weighed that since high school. If I were to weigh that much I would look horrid.

The other part of me, the part who has dedicated 13 years of my life is fighting.  Fighting what seems to be a losing battle. I've only lost 7 lbs since January. I don't know what to do anymore. I would love to change up my routine, but did you see my schedule. There isn't much room for that, or money for it either.

I'm mostly happy with my body, I would be happier if I could lose about 15-20 more lbs, but at the same time I feel 95% happy with the way I look.  Unfortunately, if I want to stay in the military I have to lose about 10 more lbs to make the body fat percentage.  June is looming in pretty closely.

I just want to scream.

1 comment:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Frankly, I don't know how you don't whine more. I get frustrated just reading about your life. I'm a stay at home mom and have the luxury of deciding to workout when baby sleeps or later when hubby is home. Your schedule is tight you have barely any wiggle room at all. You've missed a couple days of working out and thats okay. Especially if you're sick. Your body needs you to take it easy. Don't beat yourself up for it. Just hit it that much harder when you feel better. I can't help being a little ticked at the army for kicking you out for doing what happens naturally after you get older and have a baby. There's no room for that? Grr. I have slowed down too so I cut sugar out completely. It only lasted 2 weeks straight but I started to see better loss. Have you tried it yet? Or something more extreme like a juice fast or my sister is really big on a cleanse called isogenix. And she's a total health nut. Sorry if this is obnoxious. Sometimes when I want to be whiny and people give advice it just irritates me, just hang in. There girl! You're amazing! Not just for the weight loss but everything you do everyday for you son and family and employer and teachers. Now take a little time for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...