Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Not Easy But It Can Be Done

That's right ladies and gentlemen, I passed Army HT/WT this weekend!

By the skin of my teeth, but I passed!!

Woohoo!! Happy Dance!!!

This weekend was drill and it was the dreaded 100% HT/WT for the company. I went in without a single morsel of food, coffee, or even water. I had a piece of gum to give me a slight sugar boost. Because I had to grade a PT test before getting taped.

It was a glorious feeling to see that "Soldier meets standards" on that little piece of paper. Even though it still says that I'm 42 lbs over the standard weight for my height. Those 2 numbers 34% say I meet the taping standards.

But this does not mean I am done by any means! I still have 15-20 more lbs that I would like to lose. This time it will really be for me and without the stress. I feel like this huge weight has come off my shoulders. This is all for me now!

This last little bit is a shout out for another soldier who used to be in my squad...
     You can lose the weight after baby. You may not be at the weight that the Army says, but if you meet the PT and tape standards that is all that is needed.  I have been in the military for 13 years and have never been at the standard weight. It's a joke really, and they need to update it.
     The weight can come off even with orthopedic, thyroid, and time issues. I am proof that with moderately hard work (cuz I took to many breaks in between) that it can happen. Don't get discouraged, just jump right back in with more vigour if you have a bad day, or if you slip. You can do this!

Oh and I forgot to do weight this morning. Last weigh in Friday was 210.2, a little more than last week but it's probably just water weight.

1 comment:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

And you are made of awesome. That is all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...