Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tired, Disgruntled, Worn Out

My whine-a-thon continues onto this blog.

I have just had up to here (hands over my head) with school. 

By the time I graduate in 2014 I will have been in school for 11 years. Ok, so it's not a consistent 11 years but forever nonetheless.
I completed most of 2 semesters Fall 03-Spring04. Came back after Iraq deployment in Fall 06, Spring 07, Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09 is where I completed my Associates in Criminal Justice. Fall 09 was mostly a bust because I really only completed 2 classes, because I failed the other because of training for a deployment. Spring 2010 was also a bust because I only completed 1 of 2 classes I signed up for, the online class was easy to complete, but my morning sickness/migraines kicked my butt. Went back to school Spring 11 taking only a couple of classes to find my groove. Completed a crappy Fall 2011, and now in the midst of a crappy Spring 12.

So if I discount the first two semesters, because I retook most of those classes anyways, along with my busted semesters I've been in school for 4 years, 6.5 when I actually complete my degree.

I'm so burnt out though. I feel like it's not getting me anywhere. It's so bad that since we have come back from Spring break I haven't even attended classes yet. I've done some reading and completed assignments, but I just don't flipping care anymore.

I would just be happier being a working Mom right now. 

But I CANNOT throw away all that time I have put in.  I'm not that type of person.

Oh, and I applied for the Deputy Coroner for Ada County position. I was told that it wouldn't look bad if I did; I have an Associates, have 11+ years of medical experience, combat experience, and military behind me. But I didn't even get a flipping call. Grrrr...

I love my family, my friends that talk to me, and just my regular life; if you subtract the pressure for military weight standards and school.

I love seeing how my son has gotten to be such an independent little man, and how smart he is. He makes everything better when I come home, but when I put him down for bed, reality smacks me in the face.

I know there are much worse things out there I could be dealing with. Don't remind me, I see some of the stuff on the news, the things the soldiers I help deal with, and so much more. But dangit I can complain right!?

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just have to find it. Maybe even open my eyes to see it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...