Friday, May 25, 2012

Hitting Pause

After much consideration I've decided I'm taking a break from weight loss.

Since I finished the semester by working out has been intermittent with only running 3 times a week.

Why???

A few reasons:
     1) I can't drag my butt out of bed in the morning (I'm finally getting 8 hours of sleep!)
     2) By the time I get home all I want to do is play with my lil man (have you seen his face! hard to resist!)
     3)  I just want to take a break.

Research shows that if you change up your workout/diet plan, your body reacts by losing weight.  This also includes taking a break every once in awhile.

I have my 2 week military training coming up starting 2June, so my normal schedule will be non-existent anyways.  There will be a lot going on and I'm not sure if and when I will get workout time in.

I have decided that I will take a break from everything until 18June. 

I will still continue to not eat like a pig, believe it or not I have learned good eating habits.  The hubby and I still walk 1-1.5 miles every night (except Saturdays).  I hate Army chow so that will help!  I'm not a complete blob, but I just need to give my body a break.

Yes, I have realized that getting back into everything will almost be like I'm starting over again. No matter how fit you are, you take a break and you feel like dying when you go back.

I have not forgotten the things that I have learned. I never will, I will not go back to being a blimp.

I've learned how to maintain, so I'm just mastering the art for the next few weeks.

See you in a few weeks!!! Keep on keeping on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...