Thursday, July 26, 2012

I've Lost That Loving Feeling

When I think about running I think about the scene from Top Gun when Tom Cruise sings You've Lost that Loving Feeling.

I still like running to some degree, but my love of sleeping is overpowering that love of running feeling. 

I find myself loving the fact that I have someone to run with on Tuesdays and Thursdays, even though we are hit and miss and are not always consistent. But I hate where we run. It's this hilly Tank Trail by the base I work at, and it's just hard. We run it for a reason, because it will help train for the City of Trees Half Marathon, which is a pretty hilly run.

I'm basically being a big fat whiney butt lately. I have a lot of stress in my life right now, and you would think going running would help, but lately I feel like curling into a tiny ball on my bed and just not going anywhere.

I need to find that euphoric feeling, especially since it's not really a chore anymore, like it was before trying to make military standards.  I figured once I reached that point where I didn't have to worry about getting booted out of the military, that it would be easy. But no, I seem to have fallen back into the rut where I make military weight, then I don't, stress about not making it... back and forth.

I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

I have to set a good example and not be that fat, lazy NCO. The fat, lazy Mom. 

I just need to add more hours in my day to fit everything in....

Thanks for letting me complain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...