Friday, January 17, 2014

Not Going to Worry About It!

We had our "11 week" check-up on Monday, it was the one where they can look at the fluid behind the baby's neck to determine if there is a chance of Down Syndrome or any other chromosomal abnormalities, it's call the Nuchal Translucency Screen.  Doctor said it looked perfectly normal.  What we weren't expecting is that the baby is measuring at 13 weeks instead of the 11w4d we were expecting.  My doctor felt that was to much of a big jump to ignore so he moved my due date from 31Jul to 21Jul.

This made me feel better to the fact that I'm already showing.  I feel like I look like a bloated cow with a nice green glow.  Not a newly pregnant glowing beautiful woman.

Which leads me to the whole weight thing.  I have been sick since Thanksgiving, and eating things that sound good, not what I really want.  For example I love peppermint for Christmas time, and the thought makes me want to vomit.  Thankfully my current aversion's also include ANYTHING fast food related (barf!).  I have had a lot of carb cravings like bagels, I want steak and milk ALL THE TIME, and salad!   

I also have not really worked out because between getting up at 0500 for work, school, and growing a human, I get home at 4 and I'm pooped.  It is not for lack of wanting to run, I see runners and see people posting workouts and I long for it.  Then another bout of nausea hits, and I'm reminded I don't want to ruin my love for running with a rewind of what I had to eat for lunch.

This has lead to me gradually working in walking, with the hopes of starting to run in a few weeks as the nausea abates little by little.  I am no longer going to weigh myself either.  I didn't last time and gained about 40 lbs (not normal but not horrid either).  I'm going to listen to what my body is telling me it wants, and keeping as active as I can.

Looking forward to some alone time with the hubs this weekend!

Have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...